Canadian Pre-Approval Document Checklist
To complete the pre-qualification process, please review each line item in the Canadian Document Checklist and submit the applicable documents to your Mortgage Loan Originator.
Get pre-qualified. Complete a loan application online.
When completing the application online, enter any 6 digits into the zip code field. The zip code field will not recognize a Canadian zip code. Then, please type your zip code at the end of your address.
Standard Loan Application Documentation (as applicable)
- Two forms of government-issued id (driver’s license, passport, social security card, etc.)
- Two years most recently-filed T-4s
- Two years most recently-filed tax returns (federal)
- Current pay stubs to cover the most recent 30-day period
- Additional income source documentation: social security, pension, interest/dividend, child support, alimony, etc.
- If divorced, please provide all pages of the recorded divorce decree
- Current/Previous landlord contact information
- Mortgage statements for all financed properties owned
- If taxes and insurance for properties owned are not impounded, please provide copy of tax and insurance bill(s)
- Rental agreements for investment properties not listed on tax return
- Two months most recent and consecutive bank statements (all pages)
- Two months most recent and consecutive statements for all other asset accounts, i.e. brokerage, stocks, bonds, 401K, IRA, miscellaneous retirement accounts, etc. (all pages)
**Please identify from which account(s) your down payment will be drawn.
If you are self-employed: (as applicable)
- Two years most recently-filed corporate, partnership or business tax returns for all businesses in which you hold more than 25% ownership interest
- Year-to-date profit and loss statement and balance sheet for all businesses owned
- Current business license or letter from accountant to validate minimum 2 years self-employment